Funny Little Boy

This weekend I had the pleasure of attending my aunts wedding with my family. I was excited to see my aunt for this first time in a little over two years, maybe more. While the wedding was fun and beautiful, I was surprised that the wedding was not the best part of my small adventure. While at the wedding I learned the kind of person that my second youngest nephew is becoming, and man did it make me smile. I spend a lot of time with my family and I have watched this boy grow up from the age of 1 to the now 11 year old young man he is today. Before this weekend I thought that I knew his personality and would have told you that he was a hyper boy, but shy around people that he doesn't know too well. At the wedding I was expecting my sweet little nephew to hide off at the table or in a corner; boy was I wrong. This handsome little guy was bustin' a move and taking over the dance floor all night long. Until this night I had never seen someone dance so hard that their nose began to bleed, but did this stop him? No! I had to go get my brother to take him to the restroom so he could get cleaned up and rest for a little bit. As soon as he was he was right back on the dance floor break dancing the night away. Then on top of this never before seen behavior, my nephew decided that he was going to be apart of the Garter toss to all of the single men in the hall. My new uncle threw the garter right at my nephew as a joke and, with a look of terror realizing that this item being thrown his way had just come off of his aunts upper leg, he dove out of the way. The entire reception party erupted into laughter and applause as he stood up and dusted himself off, then walked away to his father. I have always had  deep love for my little baby, but after this weekend think my heart opened up just a little bit more for him.

Comments

  1. I have an image in my head of your nephew diving out of the way - and it makes me laugh out loud! Cute story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Experience

"I Got This Feeling"

Reminders of my goals