Axe Throwing

I held it in my hands, palms sweating and prepared to get hurt. I was so nervous. "Why would my brother make me do this?" I thought as I held the huge axe in my hands. Heavy and uncomfortable I steadied myself and got ready to try this. "1...2...3...GO!!" he yelled, and with all of my might I sent the axe soaring through the air. It twirled around and finally hit the board splitting it easily. "Man," I thought, "that was SO FUN!" I started immediately laughing as my family all cheered around me and holding out their hands for me to high five them. I realized that not only had I hit the board, but also made it inside the target circle. I cannot believe that my brother talked me into throwing and axe; but I am so glad that he did. That was the weirdest and most fun experience that I have ever had. I think that this game is crazy and I will probably never play it again; but you only live once right? my lesson that I learned from playing this "game" with my family is, "don't knock it till you've tried it," and I am very thankful for a family who enforces this rule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Experience

Reminders of my goals

"I Got This Feeling"