Reminders of my goals

While at work this Saturday I was reminded of why I want to be in this profession. I had a table sitting in my section (I'm a server) that was super sweet and kind. It started off by me walking up and saying hi to the father and his daughter. I immediately realized that the girl had cerebral palsy, so I struck up a conversation and started asking all of my normal questions. The girl smiled at me with the biggest sweetest smile and ordered the drink and appetizer she wanted. Her dad laughed and said whatever she wanted. I got their things to them and sat down with them to get their order. The dad started asking me questions about my major and what my plans were after I graduate college. I explained to him that after I graduate I want to go back and get my special education certification and teach younger students in an inclusion classroom. After this I sat and talked with them for basically the entire time they were there, except for when I left to handle my other tables. They told me that they were going to come back and ask for me the next time they came to eat. Then after they left I lifted the receipt book and saw the two receipts left for me. One the dad had put my tip and on the other one he let his daughter "tip" and "sign" for me. It was just a bunch of scribbles on the receipt but it was the sweetest thing I had ever gotten and it just reminded me of why I want to become a teacher and help students.

Comments

  1. This is a great post. It's good to feel like you are in the right profession and that you are passionate about what you are going to do. This is a sweet story, and it seems like you made a good connection with this family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing to have that experience that not only impacted you but others as well. That is what I love about teaching, is that there are so many ways to impact children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and memorable experience for you! In just the short tine I've known you I can tell that you're going to be such a great teacher. There's so many things to love about teaching I hope you always feel inspired to be the best teacher you can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your blog, it is great to be passionate about a career! As future teachers, passion is what will drive us to reach our upmost potential impacting students. I like how forming special bonds like these teach us more about ourselves and also helps others as well :) It's definitely a 2 way thing which I think is sweet and what life is all about!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Experience

"I Got This Feeling"