"I Got This Feeling"

I cannot shake this wonderful feeling that I get every time I walk into my internship classroom. My students greet me with huge smiles and exaggerated waves from all over the room. They immediately make me smile. It also thrills me that I can already see some slight improvements in some of the class's work when we have one-on-one time together. I get the greatest amount of joy and pride in my heart to see a student of mine that has been struggling with their classwork finally answer the problem without a little extra push. But what melts my heart the most is when my students get excited to share what is going on in their lives with me. Today a girl in my class shared the fact that her family owns a flying monkey, she then told me a fun fact that flying monkeys are nocturnal and they don't like the light. This is yet another reason that I have such a great feeling on the mornings of my internship, I love learning alongside my students, and sharing that they are teaching me things just like I am teaching them.

Comments

  1. You are SO in the right field! It's true when they say that if you choose a profession that you love, then it will never feel like work. I feel like this everyday (almost)! :) There is no greater reward than seeing these little beings grow and learn. And I love that I get to be one small part of that. I think you're right where you need to be. But I also just have to ask...what's a flying monkey? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not exactly sure. I told her to bring in a picture if she could. But she did say it's kind of like a flying squirrel!

      Delete
  2. Good for you. I know the feeling and your post takes me back to some great times! Kids are magical. There's no doubt about it. Keep these moments tucked away in a smile file or sunshine folder for the days that may not leave you with an awesome feeling. Then, you can help yourself get back to happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that feeling great?? I absolutely love how we get to spend so much time in the classroom in this internship and seeing that kind of progression really pushes you to strive for the best out of each long day we attend class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why you are awesome: "I love learning alongside my students, and sharing that they are teaching me things just like I am teaching them." <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Experience

Reminders of my goals