Little Conversations

My aunts are constantly getting frustrated with their son. They yell, they punish, and they gripe at him for every little move that he makes, or anything that he does wrong. When he is only doing these things because he is a 9 year old boy. This last week we spent thanksgiving as a family and all I heard was the never ending frustrated words being thrown his way not only from his mothers, but my siblings and parents too because they are not used to young children. at one point during the trip I had the pleasure to get him started in a conversation that was all about him. I pushed him to expand his vocabulary and create more complex and descriptive sentences to build onto the conversation that we were having. He was so excited about the subject we had picked that he dove into his story only stopping when I had questions or comments to help build my knowledge on the subject. He had the most intelligent answers a 9 year old could offer and I was surprised at his input in the conversation. And all we were talking about was how to make a grilled cheese sandwich.I love talking to children and getting them to share their wonderful world and imagination with me. It gives me so much insight into the mind of a child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Experience

"I Got This Feeling"

Reminders of my goals